Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sounds like fanfiction!

Check this out! It's a band that writes and plays music around the Harry Potter series, and they're not that shabby!

Personally, I'm all about their song "firebolt." it's got this really catchy sort of organ to it that just makes me want to dance about...

Okay, I'm done that now.

So what do we do with fiction-turned-music? Well, McLuhan would definitely say that there's been a transition from a hot medium (literature) into a much cooler medium (music) to which everyone can dance too! (tribal drum beat dance party!)

I'm butchering McLuhan.

Or am I just explaining theory in an accessible manner? Only our mark will tell!!!

1 comment:

CARR1E said...

I understand! You did make McLuhan accessible. Before, I was at a loss. I think it was the mentioning of the tribal drums.
Anyway, fanfiction has seemed to evolve into including absolutely every possible genre/idea that it possibly can. Amazing!